The 2012 SoMeBizLife Conference will be held May 30 at DelVal College in Doylestown. Sessions will cover a wide range of topics, including Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, FourSquare, Twitter, Blogging, Video, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Social Media Business Development, and Creating a Social Media business.
Here’s the outline of the program:
2012 SoMeBizLife Conference “Discover Your Social Super Powers”
7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Delaware Valley College, 700 Butler Ave, Doylestown PA 1890
Doors open for registration and networking with continental breakfast sponsored by Elite Sponsor BrickSimple.
- Mike Maney, Head of Influencer Management at Alcatel-Lucent
- Local author and speaker Jim Donovan and social media, public relations professional Amanda Walsh will kick off a discussion of the ongoing evolution of traditional and social media.
- Track moderators Kim Graziano, Mike Krupit, Don Lafferty, Rick Toone, Cari Sultanik and Steve Levine will give brief overviews of their tracks.
- We’ll introduce our team of social media reporters who will help keep us all informed about what’s going on in every breakout session throughout the day.
First Breakout Session. Participants are welcome to attend whichever sessions they choose and will not be required to stay in any one particular track during the day.
- Fundamentals of Social Media: Rod Hughes of Oxford Communications will provide an overview of social media for business, including examples of social media is helping businesses achieve better results.
- Business to Consumer Social Media: Don Lafferty, a full-time social media consultant and trainer, will present “Connecting with Your Customers through Social Media.”
- Business to Business Social Media: Marketing researcher and strategist Steve Levine and new media manager Kara Hinrichs will share their diverse perspectives on B2B social media.
- Social Media for NonProfits: Karen Graziano of Villanova University will moderate a panel of nonprofit professionals successfully using social media to serve their nonprofit missions: Beth Baker of Deserving Décor, Larry Brown of Doylestown Fire Company, and Jamie Haddon of Bucks County United Way.
- Social Media Professionals: Jessica Cohen of foundthemarbles.com will moderate a panel of social media professionals, “Yes, You Can Make a Living as a Social Media Professional.” Social media consultant and copywriter Jen Phillips April of Philly Social Media Maven, social media consultant and trainer Kristin Kane of Kane Partners, and social media consultant Eric Lepping of Sherpa Lab.
- Social Media Entrepreneurship: Jane Offer, Co-Founder of Ohanarama, will demo and discuss her family social and gaming website, and talk about its history, opportunities, and challenges.
Second breakout session. Participants having the option to attend any session of interest.
- Fundamentals of Social Media: Cari Sultanik, director of interactive account management at FulcrumTech, will provide an overview of Facebook for business.
- Business to Consumer Social Media: Jen Cohen, a dynamic speaker, presenter, professor and blogger who focuses on marketing, social media and relationship building through meaningful engagements, will present “B2C Facebook – Get the 800 Pound Social Media Gorilla Working for You.”
- Business to Business Social Media: Mitch Lapides, president of Fulcrumtech, will help participants better understand the connection between social media, website content, lead development and ongoing email marketing.
- Social Media for Nonprofits: Kelcey Meadows-Lucas, volunteer fundraising chair for the Friends of Doylestown Dog Park and Director of Philanthropy for The Humane Society of the United States and Joe Simek, founder of Sano Agency, will share their experiences of using social media for the Doylestown Dog Park.
- Social Media Professionals: Mike Rubillo of AbsorbtheNet and Mike Thomas of TrestlePoint Health Care Marketing Consultants, will share “Pushing the Limits to Listen Intently in Social Media.”
- Social Media Entrepreneurship: Anthony Coombs, founder of Interact, a social media app to help people connect at events using shared Facebook data, will demo and discuss his location-based networking app, and talk about its history, opportunities, and challenges.
Lunch on own. Participants may bring lunch or purchase lunch in the Delaware Valley College café adjacent to the meeting rooms. Lunch is not provided with conference registration.
Lynette Young a social media speaker, trainer and coach of Purple Stripe Productions, will present a special session on Google+.
Third breakout session. Participants have the option to attend any session of interest.
- Fundamentals of Social Media: Participants who are newer to social media will have the opportunity to learn more about Linkedin and how they can use it for career and business development.
- Social Media for Consumers: Blogger and social media consultant Cecily Kellogg will present “B2C Content Creation – Create Compelling Content without Busting Your Budget.”
- Social Media for Business: Pinterest, one of the hottest social media platforms today, will be covered by Brendan Lowry of Curalate.
- Social Media for Nonprofits: Marlo DelSordo, director of marketing and communications for Philabundance, will share what her organization is doing with social media and how they integrate traditional and social media.
- Social Media Professionals: Bucks County Attorney Catherine Cavella will provide an overview of intellectual property issues in social media in her presentation “An Intellectual Property Lawyer’s Perspective on Social Media: What Your Mother Didn’t Know to Tell You.”
- Social Media Entrepreneurship: Mike Krupit of Novotorium will explore the landscape of business models for social media products. Anthony Coombs of Interact will then lead us through an evaluation of leveraging the existing social networks vs. building your own.
The fourth breakout session. Participants have the option to attend any session of interest.
- Fundamentals of Social Media: Consummate networker Jamie Broderick, founder of Network Now, will share how she blends face-to-face and online social networking to build powerful personal and professional relationships.
- Business to Consumer Social Media: “Integrating Social Media with Traditional Marketing Tools and Mobile Apps.” In this session we’ll demonstrate some examples of using geo-location technologies and social media channels to drive and reward customer loyalty through check-ins. Presented by Bill Parlaman of Stream Companies.
- Business to Business Social Media: Matt Levy, a career coach who was one of the most popular speakers at the 2011 SoMeBizLife Conference, will present “How to Manage Your Career Using Social Media.”
- Social Media for Nonprofits: Hunter Boyle of AWeber, will present “Brother, Can You Spare Some Real-Time Social Change?” This session will explore how social media is being used for social change — and how it could be doing even more.
- Social Media Professionals: Professional freelance writer Cookie Biggs, independent marketing and public relations professional Maria Martino Evans, and video expert Rick Toone will participate in a panel discussion, “Making the May-September Relationship of New Media-Old Media Work for Your Clients.”
- Social Media Entrepreneurship: Alberto Janza of Novotorium (and Social Sho.ws) will explore the APIs of the most popular social networks. He’ll be joined by Maria Collins of Novotorium to lead the session’s participants through a brainstorming of new social media product concepts — bring your wishes and ideas and you might leave with a product!
New York Times Best Selling Author and Bucks County Resident Jonathan Maberry, will discuss the art of storytelling and audience engagement in media ranging from novels to comic books, to Facebook and twitter.
The SoMeBizLife Conference will adjourn.
Maxwells on Main, @MOMsDoylestown on Twitter, invites participants to an after party on Main Street in Doylestown.
Tracks for breakout sessions and track moderators are:
- Fundamentals of Social Media, Cari Sultanik
- Business to Consumer Social Media, Don Lafferty
- Business to Business Social Media, Steve Levine
- Social Media for Nonprofits, Kim Graziano
- Social Media for Social Media Professionals, Rick Toone
- Social Media Entrepreneurship, Mike Krupit.
Until May 1, tickets are available at the early bird price of $49, which is $20 off the regular price of $69.